Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in my BMW 2019 x3 M40i. Getting closer to retirement so I decided to free up money to invest. I cross shopped the Jeep Grand Cherokee, Santa Fe, and RDX. TBH, this was not at the top of my list but I took a test drive and bought it that same day. It really is a great vehicle. IMO, it is not sluggish for what it is and what it is capable of. The base sound system is almost as good as the base sound system in the bmw. The interior noise level is also similar. The auto stop feature works better in this vehicle. I do miss some features like the brake hold and rain sensitive wipers and auto dimming headlights and The power of course but I will not miss the high monthly payments and the price of premium gas. I have read about complaints with the infotainment system - the bmw had plenty as well especially with Apple car play. BTW, my spouse has a 2020 Acura MDX. My passport is a better fit for me.

Registered
Welcome and congrats 馃憦.

Registered
2021 Passport Elite AWD - Platinum White Pearl w/grey lthr int. Suntek PPF.
Interesting step from the BMW to Passport.
Very nice to NOT hafta u$e premium fuel - some of the corner bandits around here charge near a dollar per gallon more for premium - makes me miss the old days when unl regular, then 10 cents per gal more for mid-grade, then 10 cents on top of that for premium. WTH happened to that concept anyway?

Anyway, from this newb to you welcome aboard!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome. My only regret is not doing this sooner - at least before i leased the BMW. I think the Passport is a hidden gem - me very happy!

Registered
Thanks for the welcome. My only regret is not doing this sooner - at least before i leased the BMW. I think the Passport is a hidden gem - me very happy!
Agree. My wife has a 2019 X5 and the passport although not as fancy checks every box I need And I would much rather drive for almost 1/2 the price. The only thing I don鈥檛 care for is the center display behind the wheel. I wish it had a few more options.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do agree with the center console comment. I now have 6,500 miles. No complaints. All works great. Now that I have a few thousand miles, the PP seems to have more pep to it than when first new. The power is more noticeable now especially when going 30-40mph and putting the gas peddle all the way down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts