Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
  • Elite AWD (Modern Steel Metallic / Black Leather)
  • Milage: 52 before my test drive, 67 on the paperwork, 72 when I drove her home
  • Extras: 5 years or 60,000 miles of oil changes
  • Extras: Tint / Propack / Nitro (which all dealers were "throwing in for free") :rolleyes:
  • MSRP: $44,900.00 (including destination)
  • Discount: $4,751.72 (11.83%)
  • Sale Price: $40,148.28
  • Drive-out Price with TTL, etc: $43,100.00 (before trade-in)
  • Houston, Texas
The above was before my two trade-ins, so my actual drive-out was significantly lower, but the above figures are best for comparison.

There were four of this configuration and color combo around greater Houston and the drive-out price from all of them was within $775 dollars. My local dealer traded for the highest of the four quotes and I got them to match the lowest.

I started working on price via email on February 22 and didn't buy until March 6, so I feel pretty confident this was as low as I could get them. Spent 7 hours and 15 minutes at the dealership today and it was great knowing I could walk at anytime, drive across town and get the same deal. I prefer buying from my local dealership so I'm glad we worked out a deal.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I'm tickled pink that you've made the deal that made you happy. Comment, however ...

"it was great knowing I could walk at anytime, drive across town and get the same deal. I prefer buying from my local dealership"
this implies to me that they were both quite local.

In my case I have one dealer that's about 20 miles west of me and another that's about 20 miles south of me. To me they are both local; both beating my third choice (north) at 90 miles and my fourth choice (west) at 105 miles, out of state.

Now the burden of proof is on you, post some proof of purchase pics!

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
327 Posts
Update to my post #14 (above).
I have had no success finding out anything about the transmission lock release tool or that it even exists.
1. I could not find it in the Owners Manual and I have the one that is over 660 pages.
2. I called American Honda and they told me that they can only help me with stuff in the Owners Manual.
3. I called the Service Manager and had to leave a message and they never got back to me.
My big issue is that the part is available from Honda (07aaa-tz3a100) with no instructions and there is no mention of it in the Owners Manual.
So, My information is from the internet and is not official Honda info.
Here you go. See appendix C.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Future Purchase
327 Posts
Here’s a photo of the page in case you can’t open the PDF file. Zoom in to read, or print it out.
C6F716A7-120C-473A-84C5-41974E9DAE73.jpeg

·
Registered
201 Posts
Here’s a photo of the page in case you can’t open the PDF file. Zoom in to read, or print it out.

BB07...I know you're not the one to ask, but a salesman trying to close the deal might dig in to these questions or get you a lock release tool, for you to keep in the glove box.

Is this in the Owner's Manual?
It looks like something that a railroad off loading facility would need.

How does American Honda customer service know about section 8?
How does HondaLink know this, when they contact a tow service for you?
How does the Tow Truck get in touch DFR (see section 8 of the Vehicle Handling Manual)?
Who is DFR?

I'm trying to help future buyers beat up the salesperson, for another $275 or paqrt 07AAA-TZ3A100

·
Registered
19 Posts

In my case I have one dealer that's about 20 miles west of me and another that's about 20 miles south of me. To me they are both local; both beating my third choice (north) at 90 miles and my fourth choice (west) at 105 miles, out of state.
The greater Houston area is pretty big, one advantage is lots of choice for something like this. There are 13 Honda dealers within the area that most Houstonians would consider "driving across town." Plus two more at the far northern and southern ends of region.

(Click to enlarge)
Houston Honda Dealers.png

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tes
I'm tickled pink that you've made the deal that made you happy. Comment, however ...

"it was great knowing I could walk at anytime, drive across town and get the same deal. I prefer buying from my local dealership"

Now the burden of proof is on you, post some proof of purchase pics!
yes they are local... and

21 - 27 of 27 Posts