Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all -

I just purchased a 2020 passport EXl Awd. I have 1000 mile and love Everything about this car with the exception of the infotainment system.

A few days ago I noticed the popping/cracking sound coming from the speakers regardless when playing the radio, or songs from iPhone using Apple CarPlay.

after doing some research online, I noticed this is a pretty common issue with most passports and pilots.

seems like a quite a few forum members here have experienced a similar problem.

I certainly plan on taking the car to the dealer sometime this week.

Curious to know if Honda was able to solve this issue. Also, very curious to know what exactly was done by Honda to solve this problem.

any input is highly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
798 Posts
Dealerships seem to have different approaches to troubleshooting the issue, and attempting to fix it. I don’t think Honda has found the root cause. Some owners have had the MOST bus fiber replaced and rerouted to avoid pinching. Some connectors were either loose or bad. Head units and dash displays have been replaced. Amps and subwoofers have been replaced. So it all depends on how familiar your dealer is with the issue.

Some have had good luck after just one repair attempt. Others have been very inconvenienced with multiple return trips and multiple parts swaps, only to have the problem return.

I’ve had the popping issue on my 2020 Elite one day while playing the radio while the PP was off (in accessory mode). After that, it hasn’t returned.

Contact Honda customer service and open a case for the issue. Make sure to get the case #, and record the date, time and the rep’s name who took your complaint and created the case. Then, make an appointment with your dealer and give them the case number. Be sure to have the case number added to the service notes for that visit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pointers.
I will definitely open a case with Honda.
its disappointing to know there’s an ongoing issue with Honda’s quality control that lacks solid solution.

·
Super Moderator
1,947 Posts
Hello, welcome congrats and sorry to hear about your issue (I have the same thing on mine, very seldom at this point, though).

I'm closing this thread as we already have a Cracking Sound thread....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.