Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am trying to put a under the seat subwoofer in my 2020 passport Ex-L. Now my question is...is there an adapter you can buy to be able to use the factory wiring harness? I know the elites and above have the subwoofer already installed and I didn't know if the Ex-L had the same wiring or not. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
64 Posts
EX-L also has a stock Subwoofer. In the back right next to the spare tire. Is yours not working? Or Sub volume very low.? Can be adjusted in audio settings. Sub is definitely part of the stock system on the EX-L

Specs from Honda website:
2019 Honda Passport CHANGE VEHICLE
Vehicle Specifications

SPECS FOR TRIM:
9 Speed Automatic 2WD EX-L 9 Speed Automatic AWD EX-L
PRINT SPECS

Audio & Connectivity
215-Watt Audio System with 7 Speakers, including Subwoofer
Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®18
Bluetooth® Streaming Audio18
MP3/Auxiliary Input Jack (Center Console)
Radio Data System (RDS)
Speed-Sensitive Volume Compensation (SVC)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow I did not know that. I will check when I get back to my car. Are you able to put a louder sub in it at all? I had a sub in my other car and it had much more thump so probably why I didn't notice it as much

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow I did not know that. I will check when I get back to my car. Are you able to put a louder sub in it at all? I had a sub in my other car and it had much more thump so probably why I didn't notice it as much
I have seen a post or two where the stock sub was swapped out for one with better specs, results were mixed.
However, if you're not feeling your stock sub then something is amiss, it actually hits pretty hard, I have to turn mine down on occasion depending on the song. The 215 Watt stock system may not be an Audiophiles dream set-up but its definitely no slouch.
If you can't make your Sub thump, I would get it checked out at your dealership.
Let us know how things turn out!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow I did not know that. I will check when I get back to my car. Are you able to put a louder sub in it at all? I had a sub in my other car and it had much more thump so probably why I didn't notice it as
I have seen a post or two where the stock sub was swapped out for one with better specs, results were mixed.
However, if you're not feeling your stock sub then something is amiss, it actually hits pretty hard, I have to turn mine down on occasion depending on the song. The 215 Watt stock system may not be an Audiophiles dream set-up but its definitely no slouch.
If you can't make your Sub thump, I would get it checked out at your dealership.
Let us know how things turn out!
[/QUOTE
Will do! Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had my Alpine amp and speakers installed in my EX-L that were in my now totaled 08 CRV...kept the stock sub but may upgrade later. The sound is much better than the 250 watt setup.
Amp: R-A60F
Speakers: R-S65C.2

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did replace mine with a higher quality sub
C659E9D7-DA9A-4153-A700-3A24C223A430.jpeg 1

·
Super Moderator
2,307 Posts
This is the one i bought
That looks great and a nice price too! I'm interested...

Two questions:

Did you add a sub amp or are you running it off the factory amp (output)?

Did you disconnect the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) Module?

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
That looks great and a nice price too! I'm interested...

Two questions:

Did you add a sub amp or are you running it off the factory amp (output)?

Did you disconnect the ANC (Active Noise Cancellation) Module?

thanks
No problem with anc i will be getting a new amp and head unit it was a very easy install

1 - 14 of 14 Posts