Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about "coasting" when you take your foot off of the accelerator.

For my previous Honda Civic and Honda CRV when I took my foot off of the accelerator it would "coast" when you take your foot off the gas.

For my brand new Passport I've noticed the minute i take my foot off of the accelerator it feels like it immediately feels like the car is downshifting to a lower gear. I'm not hearing the engine rev like if i used the paddle shifters to a lower gear. I can "just feel it" when I take my foot off of the brakes.

I didnt know if this was normal for the AWD system. I just dont remember it doing this during test drives of other AWD Honda Passports. I'm just double checking this is not because of the transmission cooler or a "transmission programming" issue. Right now I'm struggling to get 22 mpg on hwy and I didnt know if this was the reason.

Attached are the obligatory new vehicle pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
FWIW - Mine does the same thing. The downshifts (or converter unlocking) are not harsh, but they are noticeable. I’ve also noticed the same thing when I’m going downhill with cruise control activated. I will say, however, that I’m getting ~ 25 - 26 mpg on all my frequent trips through the mountains of Virginia and West Virginia. The best I’ve gotten is ~ 27 mpg. My EX-L has the factory trailering package and cooler. Please let us know if you stumble on any discoveries.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Ex-L
13 Posts
I have the same setup you do. I have felt the same thing. I noticed this during a slowdown while using the ACC and thought the brakes were being applied/released. I later tested it without ACC and it does feel like downshifts, although they are very slight. I too have not seen this in other automatics. Maybe it is a new "feature".

·
Registered
22 Posts
YEP -- ME TOO --
It seem to happen when letting off the accelerator - maybe shifting UP from a lower gear ?
Mine is going in for the first service soon and it's on the list of things to explain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts