Honda Passport Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite, Modern Steel Metallic/Black
17 Posts
Hello, I'm a future Elite owner (Phoenix, AZ area) and I'm curious what everyone paying before TTL. I'm on Cargurus, and I'm seeing a handful of Elites going for $41,XXX. A few across the country are going for under 40K. Does that sound about right? Has anyone gotten one under $39.5K?

I'm also thinking of waiting for the 2021 so that I don't lose another year of depreciation.
Mine was $39006 3 weeks ago. It included these items: pinstriping (I had them remove it), splash guards, wheel locks, cargo tray and nitrogen inflated tires.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Passport Elite, Modern Steel Metallic/Black
17 Posts
Nice price Wayne. I am looking to go under 40k as well. What was your negotiation strategy.

Sure, nothing special. I emailed each dealer and in each I was sure to be very specific as to what I wanted even to say Modern Steel Metallic instead of gray. I wanted to avoid the back and forth fluff, about "I want to make sure you're getting exavtly what you want" and so on. I liked the fact that the pandemic has made it such that they're much more willing to communicate by email. Also... I intentioanlly didn't include my phone number (where possible) until I wanted them to have it. Two dealers quoted me right about $40k, and I too wanted it lower. In my case I wanted it at about $38.5. Both mentioned that I couldn't get the loyalty discount because only Honda 2010 and newer qualified. In both cases I explained that while my current Honda was a 2007... I flet I was quite the loyal customers since I've owned only Honda/Acura vehicles since the mid-1990s. I ended there and didn't write again, and 2-3 days later both reached out to me with lower offers. One was at $39.6 (and they didn't have a PPE in MSM on their lot, and the other came in at $39,006 and I went with his offer.

I also considered the Costco service, but they quoted me right about $41.2 which I think is the invoice price?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received several quotes today. 2020 for $39287 (with $1000 loyalty) and 2021 for $41980 (no loyalty).

That's kind of how it went last time when I bought my wife's Odyssey. The year models were rolling over, but there were no loyalty discounts, so it made sense to buy the newer year at that time.

·
Super Moderator
2,463 Posts
This might be obvious, but typically speaking, if a new model is out (and on the Dealer's Lot) any of the previous year's models are usually subject to additional manufacturers discounts. When we bought my wife's 2014 Lexus RX350, the 2015's were already on the lot and with any argumentative or intense negotiations, we got $7k off the $49k MSRP window sticker...!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This might be obvious, but typically speaking, if a new model is out (and on the Dealer's Lot) any of the previous year's models are usually subject to additional manufacturers discounts. When we bought my wife's 2014 Lexus RX350, the 2015's were already on the lot and with any argumentative or intense negotiations, we got $7k off the $49k MSRP window sticker...!
Right. I have looked at several other manufacturers that were offering hefty discounts for 2020 model year inventory (Hyundai Santa Fe comes to mind), but Honda is not at the moment.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts