Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm a future Elite owner (Phoenix, AZ area) and I'm curious what everyone paying before TTL. I'm on Cargurus, and I'm seeing a handful of Elites going for $41,XXX. A few across the country are going for under 40K. Does that sound about right? Has anyone gotten one under $39.5K?

I'm also thinking of waiting for the 2021 so that I don't lose another year of depreciation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my 2020 Elite for $40,627 and they threw in the all weather mats for me. :cool: I wasn't sure if Honda would come out with a 2021. There's been some rumor of skipping a year. 🤷‍♀️

·
Super Moderator
2,453 Posts
I bought my 2020 Elite for $40,627 and they threw in the all weather mats for me. :cool: I wasn't sure if Honda would come out with a 2021. There's been some rumor of skipping a year. 🤷‍♀️

Great price and congrats!

And as for any rumors of skipping a year - that sounds suspiciously like something a salesman would say to help facilitate a sale...

·
Registered
63 Posts
And as for any rumors of skipping a year - that sounds suspiciously like something a salesman would say to help facilitate a sale...
Definately!

The only reason a manufacturer would "skip" a year is because a MAJOR redesign of the model was coming. Which ain't the case of the Passport - because it's only been around for a few years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In northern Illinois, purchased my 2020 elite on July 11 - $40,276 plus taxes and fees. $42,189 OTD. Our dealer can't keep them on the lot, so they don't even bother putting them on their website. They had to put gas in it and remove the plastic for my test drive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can appreciate your situation, but this is a Honda; with legendary quality.

Can we maybe see if yours is an isolated case before we go making statements like that?

(And Covid19 is too convenient of an excuse for any disruption these days.)

·
Registered
14 Posts
My out-the-door-price from Chantilly Honda was $41,755 but that included the tow package and cross bars so I was right at $40,000. I'll note that buying a 2020 at the end of the year likely means that you will always have a low mileage advantage over those who bought earlier in the model year. Also, there may be financing incentives for 2020 that may not be available for 2021s. When I purchased a couple of weeks ago Honda was offering .9% and 1.9% interest on their financing.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
184 Posts
This Poster has been shown the door///MOD
Sounds like an isolated case as my 2019 PP doesn't display that of what you claim. So may I suggest you let you attorney handle the situation and vent your displeasure elsewhere. You are a minority, and what you cry about will fall upon deaf ears, especially when it includes statements like the above highlighted. You really believe that the Honda plant here or abroad has a "slap the shit together" mentality? Good luck w your lemon law case.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Silver
184 Posts
Not upset as yourself. Just don't have time for entitled people that would rather blame than try and resolve.
Fact of the matter is, you have an issue so they all suck. Sounds like a spoiled rotten kid that can't handle the truth him/herself or deal with given situation. Like I said, let your attorney handle it and move on w/ your life. Go buy a Jeep and trash talk the Honda over there.

Reactions: stevenD

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am really going to shoot for a number of less than $40k on an Elite. I think I should be able to get the 3 local dealers and the dealer about 100 miles away where I bought my Ridgeline to battle for my business and i should be able to play them off of each other.

·
Registered
‘20 Black Copper PPE
47 Posts
I was fortunate enough to get my PPE for $39,800 plus tt&l in Texas. No dealer ads or other doc fees. The Honda Gods were watching over me :giggle:. Plus I got the color I wanted, black copper pearl. I named him BrownBear. Wahoo!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was fortunate enough to get my PPE for $39,800 plus tt&l in Texas. No dealer ads or other doc fees. The Honda Gods were watching over me :giggle:. Plus I got the color I wanted, black copper pearl. I named him BrownBear. Wahoo!
You were shined upon at that price. How hard did you have to work to get there? Do you know how long it was on the lot?

·
Registered
‘20 Black Copper PPE
47 Posts
It wasn’t easy. We were visiting a dealership and test driving a Black Forest PPE but we couldn’t get over the gray interior. As we were talking to the salesman, I noticed a “black” PPE in a distance. As we got closer, my wife and I noticed it was the Black Copper we had been looking for. We contained our excitement and told the salesman it was ugly but if the price was right we would consider it. It still had the plastic wrap and it was on the lot less than 24hrs. 4 miles on the odometer. We went back and fourth with the dealership about a week and convinced them it was simply ugly. Needless to say, the rest is history and the color is absolutely Beautiful. 😁

·
Registered
20 Posts
That was a great price. I’m new to the forum and just had my first test drive today. I first looked into Costco Auto and price quoted was $40,650 (2020 Elite). To get below $40k, I have to lean on son who works for Honda Of America for a “Team Honda” purchase price of $39.8k. So without any negotiation stress, become a Costco member and save big.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It's mid September 2020 and Honda is about to look at their Passport sales numbers and start discounting them.
Here are some things to do, to know that you're getting a good price in October (next month).
Become a "hot lead" for Honda, for 6 weeks, but don't buy yet. After 6 weeks, you fall off the "hot lead" list. Then become a "hot lead" again in late October, when the incentives peak.
Here are the current Passport sales numbers Sales LINK and if you compare them to the Toyota Highlander Toyota highlander Sales LINK you'll see why Honda has to cut it's prices by $6,000(ish).

You become a "hot lead" when you contact an online middle-man:

Optional...If you have a burner phone, use that number.

Get an online quote from both Edmunds dot com and Trucar dot com in addition to Autoguide dot com

1. Compare and list, which of the above mentioned "quote" sites work with which specific Honda dealers.
2. Be ready to "forward" the best quote to a competing dealer, if that dealer verbally agrees to beat your best quote. If they won't agree to beat your best offer, tell them you'll keep shopping around.

Most importantly:
1. Call your Bank or Credit Union and make arrangements for a car loan and remember their interest rate & number of months, of the proposed loan.
2. Don't tell the car salesman that you talked to your bank. Say...I'll need financing.
3. Don't mention that you have cash. You should say...I'll need financing.
4. Don't mention that you don't want the extended warranty. You should say...I'm interested in an extended warranty. Note...you can get the extended warranty online cheap at Saccucci Honda Passport Forum info
5. Don't mention that you have a trade-in. You should say...I need to keep my current car.
You can always "change" your mind later, regarding your (above) statements.

Allow them to think that they can give you their best price up front, because they can make up their profits on accessories, financing, warranty, and your trade-in.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts