Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Very cool that they put on snow tires! The deeper tread definitely added to the looks (and performance) of these wanna-be off-roaders. The Passport looked great in the snow and I think it will be a great ski rig.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Awesome heads up video, love what Toyota has done with the new RAV4. I don't think many Passport owners will have an interest in throwing it sideways, but its looking really capable in the snow.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just an observation & I'm just going to say it. This review appears to be bought and paid for. (tin hat on). Guy in the video pays a heck of a lot more attention to the Honda, almost to the point it was definitely a Honda commercial. if the guy is a snake oil type of guy he would turn around and praise the Toyota in another video and sell it to them. Looks to fake, I mean really, all those people showed up to do this for fun. life is too short or they have no life

·
Registered
236 Posts
Despite the video's title, it wasn't a real head-to-head comparison with a "this one is better" conclusion. He gave the approach and departure angles, of which the Passport was better. But that measurement doesn't even matter on "flat road" snow and ice. He stated that they were in two different size classes at "different ends of the spectrum". They don't even really compete. Someone first has to decide what size and power they need in a vehicle. Then pick one or the other of these two very capable semi-off-road SUVs and compare it to similar ones in its class.

As for how they drove, his reaction made it seem that the Passport was very sure-footed in snow mode. But why bother turning traction control off in this scenario? He also mentions that the RAV4 drives well in the snow, but instead of showing that they choose to showcase driving it in mud/sand mode for more "slipping and sliding" fun.

This "comparison" left me with more questions than answers. It seemed like two different quick-look reviews crammed into the same video. Take it with a big grain of road salt.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have no doubt the passport handles better in snow, I've had 2 ridgelines, 2 pilots and a crv, I'm not brand loyal and had gm, ford, toyota, jeep, mazda, lexus and nissan. Out of all of them the Hondas were scary good in snow, what I mean by scary is they handle hands down the best, what worries me is people that don't understand just because you can take off like a dry road, not much will help any of the systems handle to stop!
Just that video seemed bought and paid for.. I've seen my share of misleading propaganda 1st hand in my years, even known people that have sponsored some and paid to cover it up. Just part of life and sucks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts