Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to start a thread that gives a breakdown of the equipment included in each trim. Now that pricing is out, people are going to have to determine where the best value lies for them. Its been set closer to the Pilot than I think a lot of people were hoping.

SPORT (2WD/AWD)
20-inch alloy wheels
245/50R20 tires
Honda Sensing®
9-speed automatic transmission
Auto Stop-Start
Headlight - LED Projector
LED fog lights
LED DRL
LED taillights
Push-button Start/Stop
Smart Entry
Remote Engine Start
6-way manual driver's seat
Three-zone automatic climate control
7-speaker audio System
2 USB ports
Fabric seats
Dual exposed exhaust
Black outside mirrors

EX-L (2WD/AWD)
Leather-trimmed seats
One-touch power tilt and slide moonroof
Power liftgate with remote
Blind spot information (BSI)
Heated front seats
8-way power driver's seat
4-Way power passenger seat
Auto-dimming rear view mirror
Driver's seat and door mirror memory
Display Audio
Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
Rear sun shade
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
HomeLink®
Auto up/down power windows
Heated outside mirrors
4 USB ports
HD Radio™
Illuminated sunvisors
Acoustic windshield

Touring (2WD/ AWD)
Embedded navigation
HondaLink®
4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot
Front and rear parking sensors
LED inline Hi/Lo-beam
Heated rear seats
Roof rails
Ambient lighting
Hands-free power liftgate
Premium audio with 10 Speakers
Outside mirrors with integrated turn signals
AC inverter (115V - 150W)
High gloss instrument panel trim
Acoustic front and rear door glass
Power-folding outside mirrors
265/45R20 tires

Elite (AWD)
Ventilated front seats
Gloss black, auto-dimming side mirrors
Heated steering wheel
Rain-sensing front wipers
Wireless phone charger
Gloss black grille and bar, bumper skid garnish, door sash garnish, liftgate garnish, liftgate spoiler

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would love to see Elite with some optional off-road package because right now it doesn't help that regardless of trim it has far more street appeal than it needs in my honest opinion.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like the Adventure package that they've made for the CR-V. I don't know if the Passport will need a lift though for a wheel and tire kit, like the Ridgeline and Pilot did given its better ground clearnace.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I miss the old days; where you picked a body style, and then selected from a menu of options. Not like today where the manufacturer decides what options you get, whether you like it or not.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I miss the old days; where you picked a body style, and then selected from a menu of options. Not like today where the manufacturer decides what options you get, whether you like it or not.
Don't know how old you are, but it wasn't ever really like that. Yes, there were many options (including lots of trim-related stuff like stainless steel rain gutters, vinyl tops, spot lights and extra radio speakers), but in those days, there were far fewer vehicles to choose from.

Besides, there were always model-specific equipment and options. ("No sir. You can't get six taillights on that Bel Air. You'll have to step up to the Impala." ;))

·
Super Moderator
1,120 Posts
When I bought my 1985 Honda Prelude, the choices were extremely limited: (1) There were only three colors available, (2) Automatic or Manual transmission and (3) With or without Air Conditioning! There was nothing else..

And the A/C was shipped from Japan in the trunk and installed by the dealer if someone wanted one.

So Honda has come a long way from "the good old days" IMO...

Cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm 71... I've been there, done that...

Pick your car; now let's start on the list. Pick an engine (as many as 3 or 4 possible), automatic or manual transmission, AM or FM radio, regular or power steering, regular or power brakes, cloth or vinyl interior, regular or positraction rear, and so on.....

They force packages on the consumer because it's faster, easier, and more profit for the manufacturer...

"end of line"................

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'm 71... I've been there, done that...

Pick your car; now let's start on the list. Pick an engine (as many as 3 or 4 possible), automatic or manual transmission, AM or FM radio, regular or power steering, regular or power brakes, cloth or vinyl interior, regular or positraction rear, and so on.....

They force packages on the consumer because it's faster, easier, and more profit for the manufacturer...

"end of line"................
Ditto to that, I also remember this (I am 70)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wanted a new Ridgeline a few months ago but decided not to buy one for one simple reason. I wanted honda sensing but didn't need to spend over $40,000 for their top of the line model to get it. Honda's loss on that sale.... and I've just decided to pass on the new Passport for the same reason. Forcing the consumer to buy more than they want just to get one or two special features..... Folks this is all about corporate profits, not customer needs or wants.

"End of line"

·
Registered
92 Posts
You guys are forgetting the fact that until the early 60s, most manufacturers made essentially one automobile. There HAD to be more choices to fill all new car needs with one vehicle.

Take 1957. If you wanted the cheapest, most frugal model Chevrolet, you'd get a (IIRC) 150. It would be painted a solid color and have an inline six, three-on-the-tree and maybe a radio and heater.

If you wanted the jazziest car (excluding the Corvette) you'd get a two-tone, Bel-Air convertible. You'd, no doubt, choose one of the available V-8s, A/C, auto, power windows, etc.

If you wanted something like today's SUV - unless you went over to the truck department - you'd get the same '57 Chevy in wagon trim.

But those cars were virtually the same vehicle underneath (excluding things like wheel size, perhaps some suspension tweaks, interior fabrics). They even shared body panels and were built on the same line.

THAT'S why there were so many choices. Each vehicle was modified for a specific need. That strategy worked well back then. IIRC, Ford and Chevy combined accounted for something like 80% of car sales in the early 50s - with, essentially, TWO VEHICLES.

Today, the number of models available from companies like Chevy, Toyota and Honda would boggle the mind of a car shopper of the 50s. We have MANY more options than which two colors are you going to select with the two tone option. Trying to offer the number of options you guys cited above for all the vehicles built would be a nightmare for manufacturers, dealers and even customers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's one last thought on this subject..... All companies are doing consumers a disservice by not adding all safety features to every trim level, not just the most expensive trims. I do believe in the near future they will include all safety features like honda has with the CRV. Why doesn't the new Passport have "blind spot" on the Sport trim? asking for a friend......
"end of line"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts