Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of our passport elite 2 weeks ago, dealer had to delivery after making very minor paint repair. Unlike the pilot elite that we drove home, the new passport pulls noticeable to the right. Took it in for the dealer to check alignment several days ago, afterwards still pulls in same direction. Service manager claims that alignment was off initially but now within specifications. Claims car is normal and no further work needed.

Is this common with the passport? Any suggestions as to pass forward? We drove the loaner car about as much as ours and we definitely did not observe this behavior in the loaner

·
Registered
36 Posts
Did you take the service manager for a ride and show him that it pulled? We had a buzz in our CRV that they said they couldn't hear. I took the service manager out and on city streets when I could hear it he couldn't. Finally took him on the freeway and he finally heard it. Admitted it was a problem and they fixed it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine doesn't pull to the right. If you are close to different dealers maybe try a different service department or see if you can test drive a different one on the lot with the service manager to compare both rides.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
service manager drove the car with us first time over a favorite test route and agreed the car pulled right initially. Today he allegedly drove same test route alone and claims it is fixed and all is normal.

·
461 Posts
My elite pp does not pull at all/side note I almost drove down to Gustavus Adolphus College a few weeks ago with “lane keeping” only and the car pretty much drove itself (I kept my hands on the wheel as I value life ?) and I don’t think u could attempt that with the pull/I would drive another one as something is up - good luck ??

·
Super Moderator
2019 Passport Elite, Modern Steel (3/19)
1,990 Posts
Mine does not pull to the right or left. Smoothest drive I’ve ever had in a car.

The service people are not the sharpest...make sure to take them out on a drive with you.

Yesterday, they tried to tell me these little factory installed flaps were the splash guards I paid extra for!

I had to to go out on the lot and show them what a splash guard was!
8FBFD115-8928-4CED-9791-58D595B7B0C1.jpeg

·
Registered
276 Posts
My elite pp does not pull at all/side note I almost drove down to Gustavus Adolphus College a few weeks ago with “lane keeping” only and the car pretty much drove itself (I kept my hands on the wheel as I value life ?) and I don’t think u could attempt that with the pull/I would drive another one as something is up - good luck ??
Are you a Gustie? Class of '84 here.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Took delivery of our passport elite 2 weeks ago, dealer had to delivery after making very minor paint repair. Unlike the pilot elite that we drove home, the new passport pulls noticeable to the right. Took it in for the dealer to check alignment several days ago, afterwards still pulls in same direction. Service manager claims that alignment was off initially but now within specifications. Claims car is normal and no further work needed.

Is this common with the passport? Any suggestions as to pass forward? We drove the loaner car about as much as ours and we definitely did not observe this behavior in the loaner
Did you check the tire pressures? That can be a huge deal. I always check frequently as it can make a difference.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Mine does not pull to the right or left. Smoothest drive I’ve ever had in a car.

The service people are not the sharpest...make sure to take them out on a drive with you.

Yesterday, they tried to tell me these little factory installed flaps were the splash guards I paid extra for!

I had to to go out on the lot and show them what a splash guard was! View attachment 2287
Don’t you love teaching other people how to do their job. Augh!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tires are equal pressure all around. Since they wouldn't do it, just for grins I swapped the tires around this weekend. We will see if that helps or changes the pull in any way this week.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dealers should be aware of the following manufacturer communication from AHM by now. These can also be found by searching safety issues for 2019 Honda Passports at NHTSA.

"Dealer Message - American Honda Motor Co., Inc. (AHM) is investigating certain 2019 Passports & Pilots with the steering found off center or pulling during the pre-delivery inspection (PDI). To better understand the cause of this condition, AHM would like to collect specific information from the vehicle prior to you attempting a repair of any kind."

Stuck,

·
Registered
85 Posts

Mine is pulling to the right as well. I've checked tire pressure and even switched sides of the road. Still pulls to the right. Will be taking it in soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I swapped the front tires around myself, now the the vehicle pulls slightly left. Clearly there is at least some issue with the actual tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine also has some wonky steering pull and what also annoys me is it seems inconsistent, it was off for weeks, then tracked straight for a couple days, and then I hit a modest pothole and it was back. Makes me wonder if something is a little loose and shifting in the steering.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts