Honda Passport Forum banner

2019 Passport Engine shuts Off While moving

6591 Views 16 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  mcivorcpa
This is my first Passport. 2019 and 35 miles on it when I purchased it. I have had it for 5 months with 5500 miles. 2 days ago while I was driving in traffic, my truck turns off. I first thought it was the Idle Stop but I hadn't stopped. Engine light started flashing. Warning lights started scrolling on message screen. Couldn't restart engine and couldn't get it to turn off. Sat in traffic getting cussed out for 2-3 mins and then engine just shuts off. I was able to start car after that. Very scary situation. Taking to dealer first thing Monday morning.

Has this happened to anyone else?
1 - 1 of 17 Posts
I had the flashing engine light come on after 90 minutes of highway driving, as I was getting off the exit. The engine did not turn off, but it ran very rough as I drove to my appointment. After my appointment was over (about 2 hours) I came out and everything was fine. Took it to dealer because I was freaking out and pissed off (2019 with less than 4000 miles) and the only thing the codes showed was a misfire. No explanation or recommendation. And THEN they wanted to charge me a $130 diagnostic fee, since they technically didn't find anything wrong. Fortunately, they decided to waive that...
1 - 1 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.