Outside Mirrors with Integrated Turn Signals
AC Inverter (115V - 150W)
High Gloss Instrument Panel Trim
Acoustic Glass
265/45R20 Tires

·
Registered
79 Posts
Acoustic glass cuts down on the road and wind noise. The touring and elite pilots have this not only on the windshield but also driver and passenger side windows. They also have some extra sound deadening in the front doors so I expect that to also carry over to the Passport.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have looked at pricing on the Pilot and CRV. Then looked at the Rigdeline. Really has me curious how they will fit the Passport Touring in the line. Any thoughts from others?

·
Registered
169 Posts
My predictions...

Sport AWD $34,500
EXL AWD $37,000
Touring AWD $39,500
Elite AWD $42,000

Of course, the Adventure and Urban packages on the Elite trims will add a significant amount to the MSRP.

·
Registered
110 Posts
https://salestraining.honda.com/en/Odyssey-Family/2019-Odyssey/Vehicle-Details/Exterior/Acoustic-Glass-EX-L-and-above

What’s the Benefit?
Acoustic glass helps reduce the noise that enters the interior, for greater comfort.

The Feature:
Acoustic glass helps reduce wind noise in Odyssey models.
  • Tuned specifically to cut wind-noise frequencies, it uses two layers of safety glass with an inside layer of a transparent and elastic acoustic membrane.
  • Odyssey EX-L and above trims have acoustic glass in the windshield.
  • The Odyssey Elite adds acoustic glass to the front- and sliding-door windows as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,120 Posts
As far as prices, the Passport is much more like a Pilot than a CRV, so as much as I would love to see it priced in the middle of the two, I seriously doubt that will be happening.

If Honda was to price the Passport too low, it could steal sales away from the Pilot and with all the parts and features so similar, I now think we will be lucky if it is $2,000 less than a comparable Pilot.

You can build your own Pilot on the Honda Website and then deduct $4,000 ($2,000 less + $2,000 MSRP discount) and you will be close, that's my guess anyways..

·
Registered
34 Posts
My predictions...

Sport AWD $34,500
EXL AWD $37,000
Touring AWD $39,500
Elite AWD $42,000

Of course, the Adventure and Urban packages on the Elite trims will add a significant amount to the MSRP.
I don’t imagine they will be discounting much in the first 4-6 months? That being said, I can get a AWD exl Pilot for around 35,500. With the estimation above and assuming a reasonable $2k discount on passport, that’d put the prices about equal for the two. Which would be the better buy? I’m thinking the pilot at that price would hold its value much better than the passport. But I do prefer the sportiness of the Passport.

·
Super Moderator
877 Posts
I can get a AWD exl Pilot for around 35,500. With the estimation above and assuming a reasonable $2k discount on passport, that’d put the prices about equal for the two. Which would be the better buy? I’m thinking the pilot at that price would hold its value much better than the passport. But I do prefer the sportiness of the Passport.
I'm kind of in the same boat, except I think I might actually prefer the looks of the Pilot. I don't go off-road so I'm struggling to find the advantages of the Passport over the Pilot (for me).

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don’t imagine they will be discounting much in the first 4-6 months? That being said, I can get a AWD exl Pilot for around 35,500. With the estimation above and assuming a reasonable $2k discount on passport, that’d put the prices about equal for the two. Which would be the better buy? I’m thinking the pilot at that price would hold its value much better than the passport. But I do prefer the sportiness of the Passport.
I priced an EXL Pilot a few weeks ago and it was like $450-$475 a month with $2000 down! I said, “F-that”! Besides, the Pilot is too big for me right now since I don’t have kids, yet.

Also, one thing to look for, on the Pilot the brake pedal and dead pedal were way too close together. Can be dangerous if your foot got caught. I know we brake with our right foot but I like to stretch out my left leg while driving.

·
Super Moderator
877 Posts
Also, one thing to look for, on the Pilot the brake pedal and dead pedal were way too close together. Can be dangerous if your foot got caught. I know we brake with our right foot but I like to stretch out my left leg while driving.
Do you think the Passport will be different? They look EXACTLY the same in the front interior area.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I priced an EXL Pilot a few weeks ago and it was like $450-$475 a month with $2000 down! I said, “F-that”! Besides, the Pilot is too big for me right now since I don’t have kids, yet.

That is my only complaint with my Pilot, and that is the dead pedal, I also wish it was a bit deeper so I could stretch out my left leg on long drives.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Do you think the Passport will be different? They look EXACTLY the same in the front interior area.
God I hope there is more space. As I said before, it could be a deal breaker for me. My ‘16 Civic was so nice and I could almost stretch my leg flat. I’m 6’3 so I need room!

And why is there no electronic parking brake on Passport and Pilot? It would solve that problem because of the stupid push brake! 😡

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't see how they can price them much higher. That would be priced in the same neighborhod as Acura and Lexus.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't think you are going to find any significant changes between the 2019 Pilot and 2019 Passport in the drivers cockpit area and foot well regarding extra room. I don't like the Pilot parking brake placement either.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts