Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hoping a Tour model will be no more than $45k or so, with w $4k discount...!
It will be interesting to see how they'll do their pricing. I will be in the market for a new car this coming summer and that is one of the biggest factor for my planned purchase.
I am cross-shopping various types of vehicles so my am not specifically looking for an SUV with the Passport's competition.

·
Super Moderator
1,133 Posts
I went to the Honda sight and built a 2019 Touring Pilot with all the accessories I wanted and it came out to approx. $45,700, so if the Passport is going to sell for less, that will be fine with me...

·
Registered
49 Posts
My guess is that moderately equipped it will probably be similar in price to the larger Pilot. This will be intentional as they can use it as an opportunity to upsell to their larger SUV.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I also get the feeling that the Passport will not come in that much less than a comparable Pilot trim. The Passport is also a high-content SUV on the same platform as the Pilot. The shorter Passport does bring some added features that will most likely negate any savings from the removal of the rear seat and some sheetmetal. But I do think Honda will price the Passport marginally lower than the Pilot to quell the perception that it's "less car" and should cost less. As an example, the difference in price of a Chevy Silverado 1500 short bed vs. standard bed (all else being equal) is only $300.

·
Super Moderator
1,133 Posts
I was hoping for $2-grand less than a comparable Pilot, but you're probably right, it might be only a grand less, so they don't steal sales away from themselves...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Such as what?
Yep, I was too broad here. I'm focusing on the EX-L, so I guess I mean the 9-speed transmission, 20" wheels, and the rest of the suspension "improvements". But I guess the Passport's Touring and Elite trims compare exactly to the same trims in the Pilot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
IMO, pricing won't matter much to any serious buyer. Features alone should win you over. Plus, pricing of everything that this Passport goes head to head with aren't far off from each other.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I maybe in the minority here....but pricing really matters to me; and I'm a serious buyer.

I'll reserve my comments for when they actually post the prices for each trim.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I maybe in the minority here....but pricing really matters to me; and I'm a serious buyer.

I'll reserve my comments for when they actually post the prices for each trim.
Me too. I’m definitely getting the truck but I want the price at a considerable amount as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think they would want to it to be significantly less as they want to get some volume compared to the Pilot that probably loses more to competitors. If you are considering a passport but wanted the third row seating of the Pilot, how much would that be worth to you? My guess is about 3k.
The Pilot is definitely a nicer 3rd rower than most if you want it but most buyers don't.

I do hope that they still offer the factory Blu-Ray in the Passport though. Most kids have devices but something built in makes for nice road trips.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts