Honda Passport Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
@Blurrg My local dealer was able to reset and clear all the monitors! When I picked up the car all of the tests were green on BlueDriver, so I promptly drove it to the smog station and passed. Looking forward to doing it again in 2 years! Haha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@Blurrg My local dealer was able to reset and clear all the monitors! When I picked up the car all of the tests were green on BlueDriver, so I promptly drove it to the smog station and passed. Looking forward to doing it again in 2 years! Haha.
I did the same thing for my 2019 Passport after moving from HI. I must say that the Dealership close to my house, Temecula Honda, was not helpful at all!!! I went there twice to get assistance and they told me to just drive it!! They hooked up the meter and said its not resetting! Really?! Keep in mind I drove it for over 1,000 miles at this point. I read all the recommendations and even went on Youtube and finally went to the Lake Elsinore Honda and they were nice enough to get my EGR to clear. If you get push back from a dealership and if you are able go to another one. If not call corporate to get the resolution you need. This was so frustrating with the driving and I even purchased a monitor as well. Bottom line is if your car is still under warranty the Dealerships need to get it right! Trust me, I will be contacting corporate regarding the first dealership! Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem, my "readiness codes" have not been set yet. I have 2019 Passport Sport AWD with 14000 miles on it. I didn't do Smog Check inspection but found it myself. You can do the same. Without depressing brake pedal, push Start/Stop button twice to light up indicators. Within a couple of seconds most of them will disappear but 'malfunction indicator' lamp will stay on the longest and will flash five times before it goes off. This means that 'readiness codes' have not been set. I followed the suggestions from several times without any luck. Is it the same process that your Honda dealer recommends? Please keep us posted if you find any solution.

View attachment 10596
I have a 2019 Honda Pilot that would not pass smog. Tried the accelerating and decelerating with no luck. What finally worked was taking my Honda up to 6000 rpms. Found one smog shop story that recommended it despite finding Zero info from Honda themselves supporting it. I found a remote incline and floored. Just barely tipped 6000 rpms. Shut the car off and checked the readiness monitors in aux mode and it was complete. Took it to smog immediately after and it passed!!

·
Registered
2021 AWD Sport Crystal Black / 2021 AWD EX-L lSteel Metallic
293 Posts
Never had to have one of my vehicles 'smog' tested thank God! Sounds like a bunch of bs that our clueless government came up to generate yet more money.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Every 3 years I get my car OBD tested in January at a state station in January in 30F temps. I always see the same test result, and pass. I now have 110K miles on my 2008 Element. The last battery change was 4 years, 20K miles ago. I've annually driven cross country at +60 mph for hundreds of miles at a time, and locally in every weather and speed combination. That monitor has NEVER shown ready.

Here in Illinois a plate can expire any month. The emission test must be done within 90 days prior to registration renewal. Every community with "home rule" has its own schedule for sticker renewal; mine is January 1st for all cars, which makes changing the windows stcker a PITA.

If your plate expires in Feb and you have any kind of electrical problem after Nov 1st that drops the battery voltage low enough for the ECM to lose its volatile memory, it's nearly impossible to do drive cycles that will set all the other monitors to ready because the ambinent temperature will rarely be above 45F.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts