Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,
yesterday they released the honda passport prices in Canada. I am just surprised to see that when you build the car at honda.ca website. The word CVT comes after each built. Did they put a CVT transmission in it?! I have attached a snapshot

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I edited my initial post. I meant transmission. That would be strange if they put a CVT transmission in it compared to the US model.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am surprised. they only offer three trims, and CVT is written beside every trim. It is so expensive anyway, I highly doubt it will sell a lot or be a best seller of any measure.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I went to Honda.ca and the price they are quoting is basically the same as the Pilots.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is 900$ above the pilot for the base trim. They will not sell a lot of these in Canada. I would be very surprised if they did. It is almost annoying how they priced it above the pilot. The problem is that there are no solid alternatives except Hyundai Sante Fe and Nissan Murano

·
Registered
223 Posts
It is 900$ above the pilot for the base trim. They will not sell a lot of these in Canada. I would be very surprised if they did. It is almost annoying how they priced it above the pilot. The problem is that there are no solid alternatives except Hyundai Sante Fe and Nissan Murano
I agree, I was very shocked :eek: at the Canadian pricing, a couple of months ago my salesman at my Dealers said they would probably be about $2,000 less than the Pilot "WRONG!!!",,,,,,,,,very disappointing, I was looking forward to getting one. Also I do not consider a Hyundai as an alternative :cautious:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I drive an Elantra and it has served me well over the last 9 years. Few hiccups but nothing major. I know the new Santa Fe would be a good option, and I was able to get unhaggle price with one of the dealers here in Ottawa who was willing to do anything to get my business. The santa fe is priced comparable to the Murano. Both of these brands would do anything to get your business. The Santa Fe has 2000$ cash incentive already and the 2018 Murano has 5000$ cash incentive.

I was waiting to test drive the passport, but with this pricing, I wouldn't even bother. I feel Honda knew they will produce very small volume of passports in North America and wanted to increase the price and test the market.

The only reason I wanted to get the passport is for size. If you carefully look at the specs, there is nothing adventurous about the passport compared to the pilot except 0.8 inches elevation. No other differences in equipment. Same engine, same everything else.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I understand what you are saying. In my case I have 2017 Pilot EX-L with Nav. I purchased it because it could tow 5,000 LBS and it is nice on long trips and iy has good features plus good Honda Reliability. I do not need the extra row seating and thought the Passport would be a nice ride to get in another year to replace it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mentioned in motorillustrated. The Canadian Honda passport will have continuous variable transmission. In a sense, that is a deal breaker because even if they priced the car midway between CRV and Pilot, a CVT transmission is a big negative. I have no clue why they did that.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mentioned in motorillustrated. The Canadian Honda passport will have continuous variable transmission. In a sense, that is a deal breaker because even if they priced the car midway between CRV and Pilot, a CVT transmission is a big negative. I have no clue why they did that.
If that is true, it is a deal breaker for me also. I do not want a cvt transmission.:mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts