1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I set two records with my PP ownership:
both best and worst fuel mileage.

My first (worst) tank came about by mostly driving it in town, some stop and go. Yielded 20.86 over 245 miles. With a full tank I then hit the open road. At the end of 246 miles I had my best MPG to date, at 26.47.

FYI: I do use BOTH Econ mode and auto engine stop/start - and I drive like grandpa.

One additional yippie, I refueled at $1.54, further down the road it was $1.51. Proof in the picture, sorry for the angle.

Resized_20200330.jpg

·
Premium Member
2019 Elite AWD White Diamond Pearl
191 Posts
I got out yesterday to run a quick errand. I had 1/4 tank and didn't need any gas, but I couldn't pass up $1.52/gallon so I filled up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
we took two long trips from Santa Fe, New Mexico to Monument Valley, Utah/arizona. Averaged 28.6 mpg on the way up, and 27.5 coming back. and that is with the VCM Tuner II installed! Never used Eco-Mode. (2019 Passport)

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is amazing! We are lucky if we can get gas for under 3 bucks in So. Cal....!
Last October I nearly crapped a brick; traveling from lower Alabama (with gas at $2.21) diagonally up to Oregon then south to the LA area I found gas UP TO $4.50+ ROBBERY. I also found snow (Yellowstone area).

According to a friend, today (in Mobile, AL) gas was $1.49. He too was once a long time resident of the LA area.

·
Premium Member
2020 Passport Elite - Modern Steel Metallic w/Black Leather
666 Posts
we took two long trips from Santa Fe, New Mexico to Monument Valley, Utah/arizona. Averaged 28.6 mpg on the way up, and 27.5 coming back. and that is with the VCM Tuner II installed! Never used Eco-Mode. (2019 Passport)
2WD or AWD?

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
"2WD or AWD?"

AND was that actually measured / computed with long division math - or simply derived thru relying on the dash display?
My dash display ALWAYS exaggerates my true efficiency.

For those incapable (or too lazy) Fuelly.com will do your math - and store your long term results.
Click on my fuelly.com banner below to see how it works.

·
Registered
2019 Elite
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
According to fuelly.com:

Based on data from 22 vehicles, 490 fuel-ups and 134,885 miles of driving, the 2019 Honda Passport gets a combined Avg MPG of 20.93 with a 0.33 MPG margin of error.

Based on data from 4 vehicles, 16 fuel-ups and 5,432 miles of driving, the 2020 Honda Passport gets a combined Avg MPG of 22.53 with a 0.97 MPG margin of error.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts