Honda Passport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 15 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my Passport friends,
I have now owned my Passport for about 8 hours now, and it is setting in my garage resting after a 60 mile run.
I don’t know what to tell you guys but, Awesome!
This is that retirement car that I have been thinking about for decades, and I am not disappointed.
If you guys have any questions please , lets hear them.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happy retirement Gary. May you have many good years with your new Passport.
Now you can plan your next road trip.
Thank you, with a Black Passport I will always have something to putz on in the garage ?

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did they already do the recall on your passport?
I ask about the recall when they told me that the Passport was at the dealership, they told me that they “wouldn’t deliver a car with a outstanding recall”. But when they did a “VIN number” check, it came up with no recalls. It was manufacture after the recall so the issue was taken care of at the factory..

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats, Gary. Since you also had a Pilot Elite, could you briefly compare the driving feel. Any noticeable difference? Thanks.
The Pilot was one of the best vehicle I owned, but 2 people don’t need a 8 passenger ride.
So here goes with the comparison of the Pilot elite vs Passport elite.
Driving the pilot felt like a hybrid mine-van super comfortable and luxurious, something that our fathers would of driven.
The Passport is more agile and young feeling while keeping the same luxury as the Pilot. Sounds weird I know.
Today I drove our Black Beast to Duluth Minnesota “450 miles” round trip. Packed full of U-turns, get up and go events, lazy cruises, and some paddle shifter action. It was a fun day, 24 mpg “90% freeway & 10% out and about driving.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome news Gary, I'm about 5 years away from retirement, but I'm sure I'll still be enjoying mine at that time, as I only my mileage to-and-from work is less that 2,400 miles per year...!
I myself , 3 years away from retireing because of medical insurence, Patty is 3 years younger then me, I’m 66 Patty is 63. At 5,000 miles per year my Black Beast should have approximately 15,000 miles on it..

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I traded in my CR-V in on my passport too. Even though I’m 66 I’m still working for health insurance, another 3 years. The Passport kept some of the Pilot luxury and added the traditional SUV traits.
It reminders me of the old 1990’s suv’s, fun to drive too.

1 - 7 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.