Honda Passport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post, hope this is posted in a reasonable place...
Today was the first time I spent an extended time in the passenger side of my new Passport EX-L (to be fair and give my wife a chance to drive it for a while), and it seemed as if the only control of the passenger seat was forward/back and seat back tilt forward/back. I was expecting 4-way to mean the same as the driver’s seat: up/down, fwd/back, seat back tilt fwd/back, and seat bottom tilt up/down. Which is correct? Or maybe I missed something?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't think you missed anything - I spent a short time in the front passenger seat and could not find height adjustment. It's a bummer because it felt too high for me, but then my Accord doesn't allow for height adjustment on that seat either (and it's too low in that model). So I'm used to Honda doing silly things like this. It's a quirk Honda should rectify soon-ish. Like how they didn't incorporate blind spot monitoring in their lineup for a while, because they had a single right facing camera that according to them should be "good enough" :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for confirming. I guess I read into ‘4-way seat’ what I hoped it was, not what they could get away with meaning. A barely noticeable blemish my overall great experience so far.

·
Registered
217 Posts
4 way seat adjustment means seat foward/backward and recline up/back. 6 way seat (drivers side) is same as 4 way, but add height up/down. 8 way (not offered) is all of the others plus power lumbar up/down (position where it hits your upper back or lower back in seat back)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think it’s stupid on Honda’s part to leave out height when offering 4 way power adjust. Feels incomplete. And for me I could use it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not saying this is for sure, but it might have to do with passenger airbag. FMVSS standards might require passengers at a certain level or height for airbag to fully protect on this and Pilot.

Check this out:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not saying this is for sure, but it might have to do with passenger airbag. FMVSS standards might require passengers at a certain level or height for airbag to fully protect on this and Pilot.

Check this out:
?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts